As we look towards an ease of lockdown and a return to a new kind of normal, we thought we’d share our plans for making shopping with us easier, once we re-open.
First of all, we’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone that has continued to order from us during these challenging times; your support means a lot and we hope you are all enjoying your candles. We’d also like to acknowledge the fact that ‘normal’ shopping is not likely to resume for a while, and we understand that our customers may be anxious about returning to the high street.
With this in mind, we’d like to reassure all our customers that we will do our utmost to ensure you feel safe and comfortable whilst shopping at Coast Candle Co.
- Before we re-open, we will undertake a deep clean of the shop and will continue to maintain our standards of cleanliness and hygiene regularly throughout the day, every day, as we always have done.
- Our staff will be fully aware of government guidelines, and our own specific guidance, to ensure you have the best shopping experience.
- We will have a hand sanitiser station at the door as you enter the shop, which you are encouraged to use.
- Hand washing facilities will also be available in the bathroom, which you are most welcome to use.
- We will have signage in the windows and in the shop, which will outline our guidelines for social distancing and safe shopping. We will also share this on social media and here on our website. We anticipate no more than 4 customers in the shop at any one time; we have a spacious area and we feel that 4 is an appropriate number. We will review this on a regular basis.
- To begin with, we will operate on reduced hours, until we ‘test the water’ and see how people feel about shopping again on our high street. It will also give us time to try out our new services (noted below) and see how it all fits together. We will post our opening hours on social media and on our website. You may also wish to sign up to our newsletter, so that you are kept up to date with developments as they happen.
- We will continue to offer free, local delivery for customers within a 10-mile radius. We may consider delivering further afield, but this will be subject to a small charge.
- We are setting up a CLICK & COLLECT service, where you can order online and then book a slot to collect your order. This means that you don’t need to queue or feel nervous about social distancing.
- We can also offer out of hours shopping, by appointment only, so you must book in advance; but this will hopefully give you peace of mind, knowing that you can shop safely and at ease. We will provide full details on how to book, ahead of re-opening.
- As you will know, we have a tester table where you can pick up our scented candles to do the ‘sniff test’ before choosing your favourite fragrance. To ensure you can still enjoy the experience of smelling our fragrances and to provide peace of mind for you, we are introducing our scents in spray form, to minimise repeated touching of products. We (Morgan, Linda and I) will spray story cards for you, which you can then keep. But it means that you can still enjoy the scented experience which we love to offer, with minimal risk to you, our customer.
- Lastly, we are excited to bring you a new service; a Virtual Personal Shopper Service, inviting you to shop from the comfort of your own home, whilst enjoying the whole Coast experience. Book your virtual appointment with us, where we will guide you through the process of selecting the best fragrance(s) and the right products for you, as well as answer any questions you have and share tips and advice tailored to your specific requirements. You will need to register your interest in this service, please register here. We look forward to seeing you!
Above all, we want you to enjoy your shopping experience at Coast Candle Co., in a safe and happy manner, as you always have done. If you’ve ever shopped with us, or made a candle with us, you will know just how much of a hands-on experience it is and we don’t want to take that away from you, as that is who we are and what we do. We will do our best to continue to provide that beautiful scented experience, from start to finish.
Please note that for now, any workshops are, and will continue to be, postponed, for all of the reasons stated above.
Stay safe, stay connected and remember, every scent tells a story…