With Father’s Day fast approaching, I thought I’d share my guide to picking the best scented candle for that special man in your life.
You may not have considered buying your dad a candle before, it’s not your typical traditional gift on Father’s Day… but what better way to bond and share special memories together, as you reminisce about ‘the time when…’.
Fragrance and smell have the power to take us on a journey of the senses, to a different time and place, evoking vivid memories. Connect with your dad this Father’s Day and share your cherished moments.
We have a range of different candles and gift options to choose from, you can even create your own bespoke gift box. The hardest part is choosing the fragrance… here’s my handy guide to help you decide.
- If you’re introducing your favourite man person to the world of scented candles for the first time and want something masculine but subtle and not too overpowering, I would suggest Whisky Galore. It also helps if he loves a wee tipple of the golden nectar 😉 This fragrance is a warm and comforting blend, a fruity alcohol tipple and a hint of toffee with a spicy ginger twist, and instantly warms the heart.
- For the man that loves to be outdoors, walking the hills, exploring the great wilderness, I suggest Salmon Bothy, but it’s not for the faint hearted! I love this scent, however, it has its place for me, as I prefer to burn in the autumnal months. Think of an old weathered leather chair, a peat fire, cosy dark room, the quiet stillness of the bothy; this fragrance will take you there. A strong and smoky yet comforting fragrance, of woody amber and incense will transport you to another place.
- If he prefers the uplifting scents of citrus and freshness, may I recommend Seaside Garden. This light refreshing blend of citrus and lime brings the outdoors in, with a zesty explosion of fresh air and memories of summer days in the garden with friends and family. Think of a fresh sea breeze with a positive and uplifting scent carried through the air and you’re there.
- Spa Days are not just for the ladies… with this in mind, I recommend Sea Dream, one of our spa candles, to bring you a real sense of me-time and chill out time. A heady blend of patchouli, rosewood and lavender makes for a subtle, yet evocative, masculine scent. Turn your favourite tunes on and let the steam from a hot bath melt your cares away with this one.
- My last recommendation has to be Love, not just because it’s Father’s Day, or the fact that it incapsulates everything that love is, but it’s a great floral-based unisex fragrance that appeals to all. One of our most popular fragrances, Love combines rose and violet with tobacco leaf and toffee and a subtle hint of oakwood smoke in the background. It’s a heart-warming fragrance for all to enjoy.
And that’s my top 5! There are many more fragrances to choose from of course, so please look on our website to see for yourself. If you have any questions or would like any advice on which product or scent to choose, please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!